Sanctuary 3 is a tool to generate alternativeness. When a system is working well, as a matter of routine it should be used to encourage to think of 10 alternative ways of doing it better. This is an important and interesting tool to prevent stagnation.
Imagine a company caught by high cost during a downturn. Now develop five ways to reduce costs. For example:
· Ask people to work for three days a week.
· Encourage people to take an unpaid sabbatical.
· Encourage working from home or telecommunication.
· Get vendors to supply completed parts and components to the assembly line. This will eliminate the need for stores and inventory.
· Get customers to sell to other customers for a small fee.